Re: Keyboard usage on some Gnome windows not working

On 19 Oct, 2005, at 2:49 PM, Bill Haneman wrote:

Matthew said:

In Windows 2000 and (I think) Windows XP, all access key underlines are hidden by default. <http://www.microsoft.com/enable/training/windowsxp/ hideunderlines.aspx> This makes the interface less ugly, and possibly also somewhat faster for people who aren't disabled (as it discourages them from thinking that finding and typing the access key is faster than using Tab or the mouse).

I am hoping there are missing <sarcasm> tags around that last comment :-)

No, there aren't. <http://asktog.com/TOI/toi06KeyboardVMouse1.html>

I see there is some research showing that the keyboard is faster for common commands <http://ad-astra.ro/research/view_publication.php? publication_id=1508&lang=en>, but that wouldn't include access keys unless you were encountering particular dialogs or alerts very often.

--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/