Re: Unify metacity and libwnck menu icons as named icons

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 21:40 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 22:04 +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> > My blue-sky is
> >       * icons are defined in libwnck and used in metacity
> >       * icons are themable via icon theme spec, not gtkrc
> >

> metacity should not depend on libwnck, but it should be simple to change
> how metacity/libwnck register these icons so they can be overridden from
> an icon theme, and in the process unify the name used for them.
>
> Asking Owen and looking at header files I think the change in metacity
> would use gtk_icon_theme_add_builtin_icon() (use a new name like
> "gnome-maximize" here so the name is shared libwnck/metacity).
>
> Then use gtk_icon_source_set_icon_name() to register the icon name with
> GtkIconFactory. Basically instead of registering the metacity pixbufs
> with GtkIconFactory directly, register the metacity images with
> GtkIconTheme then register the icon's name with GtkIconFactory. So the
> stock item names point to the icon theme names.
>
> This should even be compatible with existing themes, I think...
>
> Havoc

Is there any way to make these icons in the menus be consistent with the
buttons actually used in the title bar? If so, I would prefer a method
to make that possible, rather than having icons from the the icon theme
that don't match the buttons in the title bar.

-- dobey