Re: Unify metacity and libwnck menu icons as named icons

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 22:04 +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> My blue-sky is
>       * icons are defined in libwnck and used in metacity
>       * icons are themable via icon theme spec, not gtkrc

metacity should not depend on libwnck, but it should be simple to change
how metacity/libwnck register these icons so they can be overridden from
an icon theme, and in the process unify the name used for them.

Asking Owen and looking at header files I think the change in metacity
would use gtk_icon_theme_add_builtin_icon() (use a new name like
"gnome-maximize" here so the name is shared libwnck/metacity).

Then use gtk_icon_source_set_icon_name() to register the icon name with
GtkIconFactory. Basically instead of registering the metacity pixbufs
with GtkIconFactory directly, register the metacity images with
GtkIconTheme then register the icon's name with GtkIconFactory. So the
stock item names point to the icon theme names.

This should even be compatible with existing themes, I think...

Havoc