Re: Making GNOME crash

Hi,

>   Oh, this is all fine for _GStreamer_, but bad for _GNOME_, because
> this sends away potencial GNOME contributors since it's simply too
> difficult to build it.  Sorry to be so blunt, but I think it was selfish
> of the GStreamer project to have -Werror in the makefiles.

Two notes:
- -Werror is only enabled for CVS; releases have it disabled by default.
-
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/faq/html/chapter-cvs.html#werror also shows how easy it is to override the flags.

I also don't understand what you mean by selfish here.  What's selfish
about making sure we catch potential problems as soon as possible when
they're easy to fix ? Maybe we're selfish for licensing under the LGPL,
requiring people to send back their changes ?

This is free software - you are welcome to compile it with any flags you
like.

Thomas

Don't you see that my heart's on fire
wicked wings that you spread round me sometimes
All I know is we've got to aim higher
Babe I wish that we'd go for the great escape