Re: Making GNOME crash

On 11/7/05, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro <gjc inescporto pt> wrote:
>   This could also mean that developers start thinking twice before
> adding a g_warning, and start using g_message instead, thus defeating is
> purpose.  g_warning is for reporting real problems, but no critical
> ones; for critical problems we have g_error.
>
>   It's so easy to turn on abort on warnings, just run your program with:
>         $ G_DEBUG=all ./myprogram
> or even:
>         $ ./myprogram --g-fatal-warnings
>
>   Only lazy developers let g_warnings go on indefinitely.  We need to
> educate developers, that's all.

I think you missed Vincent's original email (either that or I
misunderstood it).  I believe he was talking about making g_critical()
calls result in crashes, not g_warning() calls.  So these examples
don't do what was proposed, though they are close (just use
"G_DEBUG=fatal_criticals" instead of "G_DEBUG=all", if I understand
correctly).

Cheers,
Elijah