Re: [PROPOSAL] 'Change Password GUI'

 --- Diego Gonzalez <diego pemas net> escribió:

> On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 18:10 +0530, shakti wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to propose gnome-passwd (a password change GUI) for GNOME 2.12.
> >
> > GNOME currently doesn't have a GUI to change the user's  password. This
> > GUI can be integrated as part GNOME control-center using which users can
> > change thier password without having to go to command line.
>

> There is a capplet on the control-center that i wrote it has some
> support for changing the password of a user,
> it uses the passwd command thorugh a pipe (using code i stole from
> gnome-system-tools) to change it, the capplet

Aha! I'll sue you! :), now seriously, it might be worth to have a look at
liboobs in cvs.gnome.org, at this moment it provides GObjects for getting info
about users (besides other things), by using the experimental system-tools-backends
branch (featuring DBus), the infrastructure is a bit subject to change, but clearly
reflects what I'm trying to achieve.

One of the objectives I have for this future version is the hability to let the
users modify the data that's tied to them (i.e.: chfn), so this might be used as
the underlying technology to the about-me capplet, as well as many other things

(please note that, being the code experimental, I haven't worried a lot about
making it easy to install...)

       Regards