Re: gtk 2.8 for gnome 2.12
- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>
- To: Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>
- Cc: Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com>, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>, GNOME Desktop <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: gtk 2.8 for gnome 2.12
- Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:23:13 -0400
> > * Not API frozen.
> > * We do not have a schedule for Cairo being API frozen,
> > which incidentally breaks the API rules:
> > http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/api_rules.html
> These are rules for libraries part of the GNOME platform. They're not
> enforced for everything stuck in the dependency stack below them,
> because that would essentially stop GNOME from depending on most
And we do not expose the APIs of other libraries nor we make any
guarantees about libjpeg, libtiff, libgif, libpng.
But Cairo is a completely different beast, it is not an "internal"
library of Gtk+ it is a fully exposed API exposed to widget authors and
] [Thread Prev