Re: gtk 2.8 for gnome 2.12

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 18:10 -0400, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> Cairo is:
>
> 	* Not API frozen.
>
> 	* We do not have a schedule for Cairo being API frozen,
> 	  which incidentally breaks the API rules:
>
> 		http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/api_rules.html

These are rules for libraries part of the GNOME platform. They're not
enforced for everything stuck in the dependency stack below them,
because that would essentially stop GNOME from depending on most
libraries.

> Breaking promises and changing schedules to get this feature is not
> right.

I don't think any promises or schedules are being broken here. The
"Let's use GTK 2.8" discussion *was* had a while back.

--
Andrew