Re: gtk 2.8 for gnome 2.12
- From: Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>
- To: "Ronald S. Bultje" <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>
- Cc: Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com>, Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>, GNOME Desktop <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: gtk 2.8 for gnome 2.12
- Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:55:25 +0200
Le mercredi 20 juillet 2005 �3:31 +0200, Ronald S. Bultje a �it :
> On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 23:17, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > * This breaks the published schedule, new features and modules
> > were supposed to be locked-down on July 13th:
> > http://live.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning_2fTwoPointEleven
> Or, to put it in different words: how does the release-team feel that
> deciding to use 2.8 makes sense (as in: is a big help to developers) at
> this stage when we're deep, deep in feature + UI freeze and days off
> from string freeze? We can barely use any of the features *because of
> the freeze*.
Errr... The new API will help fix at least 2 or 3 bugs  in the panel
(unfixable without the new API). And there won't be any UI change caused
by this. It's definitely useful now.
 try to make your top panel vertical. Enjoy the menu bar ;-)
This is a first example of what can be fixed thanks to the new API.
Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�
] [Thread Prev