Re: make check failures- gnome-vfs, e-d-s, at-spi

On 7/18/05, Danilo Šegan <danilo gnome org> wrote:
> Today at 18:56, Elijah Newren wrote:
>
> > > Sane? Insane?
>
> > Does it matter?  I think it'd be useful, though I'm betting libwnck
> > fails and I'll be unable to fix it (I wasn't able to last time I
> > tried, but thankfully people smarter than I are handling the
> > releases...)
>
> I managed once to build entire Gnome during 2.7 using jhbuild (with
> features jamesh just introduced back then to build outside of your
> checkout directory, basically mimicking what distcheck is doing,
> without the "make check" part :), and I remember having only to fix a
> few Makefile.am's to use $(top_srcdir) and $(top_builddir) where
> appropriate.  And yeah, some gtk-doc stuff was causing big problems
> for me, but I can't remember if I resolved that or I just disabled it
> at the time. :(
>
> So, I think it should be doable, and more than useful!

Well, ATM, using a simple-but-possibly-wrong hack[1] 10 of the 18 gtk
dependencies fail distcheck. So... obviously I could be doing
something wrong (some of the failures seem to indicate 'new'
dependencies, for example) but it's clearly not going to be a walk in
the park for this to work.

Luis

[1] replace 'make check' with 'make distcheck' in the make check
(i.e., post-build, pre-install) phase