Re: Remove "AccessX" from strings of Keyboard Accessibilty capplet
- From: "Vincent Untz" <vuntz gnome org>
- To: "Bill Haneman" <Bill Haneman Sun COM>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- Subject: Re: Remove "AccessX" from strings of Keyboard Accessibilty capplet
- Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:40:57 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, July 13, 2005 16:24, Bill Haneman said:
> Having the string in the dialogue title is helpful because it lets the
> user know that the feature they have just invoked "really is Access X",
> in case they are looking for that feature or are familiar with it. Most
> of the target audience for the feature _will_ know "Access X" and will
> be expecting it, if we remove it, I would anticipate "is this the same
> as Access X? Where is Access X?" sorts of questions.
Just wondering... Wouldn't it be enough to have "Access X" in the help?
Surely, if people are not sure if this is the same, they will look at
the help, won't they?
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.
] [Thread Prev