Re: xscreensaver, any plan do drop it !!

Hi Jeff,

Jeff Waugh wrote:
So, do you think there are any issues remaining with gnome-screensaver
before it can start being pushed towards inclusion in the Desktop release
(and thus, inclusion in distributions)? What do you think of using a common
user interface between GDM and the lock dialogue?

Lack of testing and feedback are the biggest problems right now. They will inevitably reveal new problems. Lack of support for assistive technologies is a potential problem, though not a regression from xscreensaver.

Since the dialog is running in a separate process one has quite a bit of flexibility. I think you could write a Qt dialog if you wanted to. Other than that I haven't had a chance to give it much thought.

Jon