Re: xscreensaver, any plan do drop it !!

On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 07:44 -0400, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 10:53 +0300, regatta wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I know many people will not like me :) , but this just a question
> > please don�t hate me :)
> >
> > is there any plan to drop xscreensaver or at less do a heavy change on
> > it (the ugly lock login didn�t change since I think gnome 2 or even
> > before and always you have to reboot your machine if you lock the
> > screen and your keyboard layout is not English when you lock the
> > screen because you can�t change the language back to English to enter
> > your password !!)
>
> Someone needs to write a secure replacement.  Locking should be handled
> by GDM IMO.

There's already a replacement, and it's called gnome-screensaver, and is
in GNOME CVS right now.

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
"Manchester United in Brazil? I hope they all get bloody diarrhoea" -
Brian Clough, on Manchester United's decision to opt out of the FA Cup
to play in the World Club Championship in 2000.