Re: gtk-engines photographed eating children

Jeff Waugh wrote:

<quote who="Andrew Johnson">

Ok on this I have to ask, why on earth would you have versioned this way
to begin with?

binary packages do not have independent versions from source packages, and
no one is going to repack all of the themes individually to create fully
independent source packages.

I have no idea how to fix this problem, but I don't see that it has
anything to do with the move to gtk-engines except in that it exposed a
faulty way of numbering the engines to begin with.

One or preferably both of the following would help:

 a) Why do we have two packages for themes again? Why can't these all be
    gnome-themes?

Because gtk-engines is not used exclusively by GNOME.

 b) Versioning gtk-engines with GNOME, as it's no longer maintained by the
    GTK+ folks.
See above.

-Thomas