gtk-engines photographed eating children

Hey dudes,

The mish-mash of merging between gtk-engines/gnome-themes has imposed
unfortunate side effects on distribution package(r)s.

 * gnome-themes has shifted from 2.8.x to 2.9.x

 * gtk-engines has shifted from 2.2.x to 2.6.x

 * a bunch of themes have moved from gnome-themes to gtk-engines, or more
   importantly, a number of unique file locations have moved

 * current gtk-engines < gnome-themes

Thus, any distribution packaging the themes individually will not be able to
upgrade higher version gnome-themes packages to lower version gtk-engines
packages.

I still don't understand why we're stuck with two modules here... Can't all
of these move into one or the other of gtk-engines or gnome-themes, so we
can deprecate one and move forward?

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

   "They are, as I told Telsa, all very small cheques. Indeed our cheques
   only come in one size, otherwise cheque books would be far too hard to
                          manufacture." - Alan Cox