Re: Proposed Modules, My Take

<quote who="Bryan Clark">

> I don't know that the send/receive model is the most correct, and this is
> a very simple and highly compatible method to have.  As you said the
> email/im send/receive models have lots of problems tied to them.

Details, details. :)

> So I suppose thinking more about it you make a good point that everything
> else is blue-sky and I would actually recommend this for inclusion since
> it doesn't seem to interfere with the blue-sky project goals.  I suppose
> the integration part would just be thinking about how this fits in with
> the send/receive model.

Everything else *isn't* bluesky - nautilus-sendto already exists, and has
even been proposed for inclusion. It doesn't fulfill all of the goals of a
send/receive model as suggested by Alan, but it's well on its way.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

  "There's always a new bogeyman - every two months, there's a new axe to
                 add to the axis of evil." - Michael Moore