Re: Proposed Modules, My Take

Hi Ross,

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 16:36 +0000, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 07:52 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:
> > As for the two modules that were missed on that list:  Ross
> > doesn't want sound-juicer in the list anyway, so I guess that makes
> > the decision (unless perhaps the requests from others that they like
> > it as it is will change his mind, but even then things look split and,
> > not being someone who rips CDs, I'm kind of split myself as well).
>
> With the recent discussion from some people saying they'd prefer a good
> ripper and a good CD player (with easy swapping between the two), I've
> been tempted to implement Havoc's idea of a simple "play this track"
> button.  If the release team decide that is the direction they want
> GNOME to go in, they I'm happy for SJ to be in G2.10.  Otherwise, wait
> for G2.12.

  - Its not up to the release team how sound-juicer's CD playing
    functionality would be implemented

  - We are feature frozen for GNOME 2.12

  - I don't see how this impacts whether sound-juicer should be added
    now or not. It doesn't need to be feature complete before adding
    it and its not like its useless without the CD playing feature ..

Cheers,
Mark.