Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: Remove GnomeMeeting from Gnome module list?

I don't think it is required to go further in this thread.

You expressed clearly your opinion :
> FWIW, I use GnomeMeeting from time to time, yet I don't want it in the
> desktop.  OTOH, I never used Evolution (which means there're mailers I
> think better of), and I want it in the desktop.  I don't make my
> decisions solely on my personal preferences (though, I'll consider
> proposing Emacs+Gnus+w3m to replace Evolution, gedit, gnome-terminal,
> Epiphany,... :), but I consider other things as well.

You don't want GnomeMeeting to be in the desktop. I believe the releases
problem is a side-issue to the real problem, which is the one you
mentioned above.

I have asked to remove GnomeMeeting from GNOME here :
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/release-team/2005-January/msg00027.html

I don't remember any mail from you requesting a new release at each
GNOME release or even explaining why. Have I answered to such a mail you
sent me? I always do answer emails and I have checked my mail archive,
and I have found nothing except a mail sent to you telling I forgot to
report during the GNOME 2.8 release phase that 1.0.2 was still the "up
to date" release and that there wouldn't be a new release.

You had mentioned a strings freeze breakage, and I told there was no
breakage as I couldn't release a new stable release in time. So, you
were aware of the problem, and I have not received any mail about the
need to make a new release.

The thread is here :
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2004-September/msg00026.html

And here is my answer :
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2004-September/msg00040.html

Notice this part:
"I apologize to have informed the release team and not GNOME i18n,
please tell me what I should do now. "
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Then another mail from me :
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2004-September/msg00045.html

containing this:
"Is that the way you are expecting me to do things?"

There is no answer from you on the problem, so I assumed everything was in order.

So please, don't spread FUD telling you have tried to contact me
and I have ignored the problem.

Now, let's hope GnomeMeeting is removed from the desktop. That will solve all problems.
-I'm tired of all this and that is my last answer to this thread. You can answer further,
but I won't continue this current thread.

--
 _      Damien Sandras