Re: Remove GnomeMeeting from Gnome module list?

Today at 19:27, Murray Cumming wrote:

> Has there been a lack of stable releases, meaning that translators' work
> is not released on time? If so, that would be an issue, but one that
> could be easily solved.

Yes, there certainly was.  There were no releases in time for Gnome
2.8 (1.0.2 came 6 weeks earlier, basically time when translators do
most of the work), and there were no further updates for 2.8.* series.
I asked for more releases in the beginning, but I simply couldn't keep
up with it: that's what I though schedule was for, to guide
maintainers on what should they do.

Alas, I now see that nobody sees it as a problem that GnomeMeeting is
not making use of regular schedule, so I step down on this issue.

FWIW...

I wasn't thinking here only of translations (it's sometimes hard to
convince you folks that translations are not the only thing I care
about), since I think it's essential to follow the schedule for all
the other benefits: documentation, bug-fixing, polish, integration,
etc.

Anyway, I see that I'm pretty much the only one with this opinion, so
I apologize to Damien for being so direct and going straight to d-d-l.
Never intended to flame, or to get personal, so I shut up.

Though, my opinion hasn't changed: GnomeMeeting should follow Gnome
release schedule to the biggest extent it can, and it's a big shame
that it won't follow it in the future either; I consider this a very
bad for Gnome, but that's just my opinion.

Cheers,
Danilo