Re: Objections [Was: GNOME System Monitor will use libgnomesu]

Elijah Newren wrote:
To me, your argument roughly translates as "Distro A has different
customizations than Distro B.  Gnome programs should give warning
dialogs that confuse most users because it allows sysadmin-types to
have a slightly easier time undoing those customizations".  While
assisting sysadmins is a good goal, I think that this isn't the
appropriate way to do so.  I feel that the help documentation or
release notes would be much better.

That's of course assuming the user is running a corporate desktop machine instead of a home desktop machine.