Re: Exciting GNOME?

On Mon, 2005-14-02 at 16:14 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Ryan McDougall">
>
> > Its early in the consensus building, but I'm all for a hardcore push for a
> > wonderful new theme, including heavily publicizing on art.gnome.org,
> > gnome-look.org, even slashdot! Promises of wealth and fortune for the
> > winner could be interesting.
>
> Donations welcome.

I thought Gnome Foundation contributions were mandatory for subscription
to d-d-l! :) I have no problem putting my money where my mouth is.
Should we CC the foundation list?

> > However it all means nothing without the buying from the GNOME themeing
> > community. We need them to be as excited as we are, since they'll be doing
> > most of the work, no?
>
> I can't imagine we'd exclude them, no.

Yeah, but I would like to hear about or participate in formulating plans
for actively involving the right segments of the community.

> - Jeff

Cheers,
Ryan