Re: Exciting GNOME?

On Mon, 2005-14-02 at 15:57 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Callum McKenzie">
>
> > On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 00:29 -0400, Steven Garrity wrote:
> > > If there was anything close to consensus in the last round of debate
> > > about a new default theme (Glider? Indubstrial?), it might be nice to
> > > get it in right at the beginning of 2.11 and start to deal with any new
> > > accessibility issues (and get the artists working on refinements).
> >
> > My guess was that this is why Jeff raised this now :).
>
> Indeed. But I don't think Glider and my slightly modified Industrial [1] are
> good enough. Particularly with GTK+ 2.8 on the horizon, we should be looking
> at leapfrogging the current best effort [2], no matching it. :-)
>
> - Jeff
>
> [1] Die stupid name, die! ;-)
> [2] That has got to be OS X.

Its early in the consensus building, but I'm all for a hardcore push for
a wonderful new theme, including heavily publicizing on art.gnome.org,
gnome-look.org, even slashdot! Promises of wealth and fortune for the
winner could be interesting.

However it all means nothing without the buying from the GNOME themeing
community. We need them to be as excited as we are, since they'll be
doing most of the work, no?

Cheers,
Ryan