Re: Exciting GNOME?

<quote who="Callum McKenzie">

> On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 00:29 -0400, Steven Garrity wrote:
> > If there was anything close to consensus in the last round of debate
> > about a new default theme (Glider? Indubstrial?), it might be nice to
> > get it in right at the beginning of 2.11 and start to deal with any new
> > accessibility issues (and get the artists working on refinements).
>
> My guess was that this is why Jeff raised this now :).

Indeed. But I don't think Glider and my slightly modified Industrial [1] are
good enough. Particularly with GTK+ 2.8 on the horizon, we should be looking
at leapfrogging the current best effort [2], no matching it. :-)

- Jeff

[1] Die stupid name, die! ;-)
[2] That has got to be OS X.

--
UbuntuDownUnder: April 25th-30th                      http://www.ubuntu.com/

  "Whoever wrote [the Twisted documentation] uses a vivid and interesting
         style of prose which triggers pleasure." - Francois Pinard