Re: Request for breakage in gnome-panel

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:36:39 +1100, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:
> <quote who="Colin Walters">
>
> > Personally, whenever I want to run Emacs or whatever's not in the menu, I
> > use Alt-F2, not the menu item.  I suspect this is fairly common for people
> > who use the "Run Application" dialog a lot.
>
> Uh huh. We are going to get flamed for this change.

According to the bug report Bryan referenced, this change doesn't
affect that; it's only about whether there's an entry in the menu for
"Run Application".

However, I am kind of worried about having it removed from the menu
system altogether (even Bryan suggested putting it elsewhere in the
menu in one of the comments he referenced), especially when we have no
decent way to customize the menus...