Re: Request for breakage in gnome-panel

<quote who="Elijah Newren">

> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:36:39 +1100, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
> wrote:
> > <quote who="Colin Walters">
> >
> > > Personally, whenever I want to run Emacs or whatever's not in the
> > > menu, I use Alt-F2, not the menu item.  I suspect this is fairly
> > > common for people who use the "Run Application" dialog a lot.
> >
> > Uh huh. We are going to get flamed for this change.
>
> According to the bug report Bryan referenced, this change doesn't affect
> that; it's only about whether there's an entry in the menu for "Run
> Application".

Yes, my response was more to the effect of, "despite attempted rationale, we
are still going to get flamed for this change".

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

      "And, most importantly, we now have modules named 'fontilus' and
        'themus' -- the two founders of GROME." - Jonathon Blandford