Re: ALInex - ADSL Modems - Portugal
- From: Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- To: Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: ALInex - ADSL Modems - Portugal
- Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:56:18 +0000
On Gwe, 2005-12-30 at 15:20 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Ahh, I was talking more about firmware like wireless card firmware, that
> all you have to do is bung it in /lib/firmware and the card magically
> works. Maybe I've missed the point with ADSL modems -- sorry.
Ok so what you are proposing is that when you first see the device you
produce the dialog and then let the user install the firmware, rather
than relying on the HAL event to load the firmware into the hardware ?
That makes sense.
] [Thread Prev