Re: gnome-about-me

Diego Gonzalez píše v Pá 05. 08. 2005 v 01:43 +0200:
> On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 22:43 -0400, Adam Skobel wrote:
> > I was looking through the new features of gnome 2.12 and looking at
> > gnome-about-me and looking to see how it could be used to make the
> > gnome desktop better, and realized that its asking for some
> > information it already knows and isn't asking other basic
> > information...
> >
> > Basically, the two things its asking me that I don't see a reason for
> > is my email addresses, which Evolution already knows, my instant
> > messenger IDs, which Gaim knows (also it strikes me as a bit odd that
> > gnome-about-me labels the AIM field as AIM/iChat, I've never seen it
> > labeled with iChat before, since iChat is just a program which happens
> > to also support Jabber, so that label is confusing and makes no
> > sense).
> >
> Gaim doesn't use GConf or Evolution-Data-Server at all, this means that
> there is no easy way to use the information that Gaim knows, if they
> ever start to use GConf/EDS I will fix this issue.

Gaim uses EDS via gevolution plugin (which is part of main package). But
it can be even better. And project Galago integrates presence messages
between GNOME, Gaim and EDS.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SuSE CR, s. r. o.                             e-mail: sbrabec suse cz
Drahobejlova 27                               tel: +420 296 542 382
190 00 Praha 9                                fax: +420 296 542 374
Czech Republic                                http://www.suse.cz/