Re: Desktop-Wide User Status

Steven Garrity wrote:

Hi,

What got me thinking was just setting myself as "away" in both Gaim and Skype and thinking "should I only have to do that once?"

No, in my opinion you shouldn't have to do that even once. It should be done automatically for you.

I really like Alans with having different parts of the desktop knowing when you are away so that it can do housekeeping. I haven't followed Galago development but last time I looked it didn't really target this kind of use. Perhaps it has changed but otherwise, could it also handle this kind of things in the future?

Best Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal
--
Imendio HB, http://www.imendio.com/