Re: Desktop-Wide User Status

Mikael Hallendal wrote:
What we do in Gossip is to check whether the user uses the computer. After a certain amount of time of inactivity we set the user to be away and after an even longer time we set extended away (this is jabber). I think someone also has a hack to use it together with the screensaver to set directly to away when the screensaver kicks in.

Mikael,
Yeah, it's this kind of monitoring for away/idle time that seems to me would make more sense done once for all applications, rather than having each application do it on it's own (and probably slightly different).

Steven Garrity