Re: [gnome-love] GNOME Utilities :: Needs a maintainer

Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 02:09:25PM +1300, Glynn Foster escribió:

>For the past few years I've been casually maintaining the gnome-utils
>package on and off, although making very few code changes. A long time
>ago, the gnome-utils package was full of all sorts of weird and wacky
>utilities, that no one really used. Much of the code was unmaintained
>and started to bit rot. Since then, we have managed to reduce the module
>down to the following utilities -
[...]
>	Log Viewer
>		- This one is a bit dud, and starting to code rot. I've
>		  thought about rewriting this time and time again, but
>		  never really got around to it. Should it even belong
>		  in a gnome-utils package, especially since it seems

	What about moving the log viewer to gnome-system-tools? It makes more
sense as an admin tool than as a Desktop utility. Also being in g-s-t would
allow it to do some sudo magic to change to adm or whatever distro specific
group with right perms to views logs (righ now if I launch it from my menu
under FC2 I'm not be able to view any log)

Salu2

--
Fernando Herrera de las Heras
Onírica: análisis, diseño e implantación de soluciones informáticas