Re: Should Desktop = Home?
- From: Joe Gasiorek <joe gasiorek gmail com>
- To: Rodney Dawes <dobey novell com>
- Cc: Desktop Devel <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Should Desktop = Home?
- Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 14:56:30 -0400
> I think it should be. The difference is a pedantic one, and I believe
> that $HOME == Desktop in Mac OS X also.
On OSX $HOME != Desktop. There is a folder in $HOME called Desktop.
Not that we should strive to be like OSX but I just wanted to clerify
how they did it. btw, I don't think $HOME should be the same as the
desktop, personally I find it just clutterful. But thats a personal
opinion and I have no data to back that up with.
-- Joe Gasiorek.
] [Thread Prev