Re: Polypaudio action plan

<quote who="David Neary">

> Since one of the main goals of the 2.10 release is to slim down
> in memory use and processor use

It is? :-)

> shouldn't a decision like this depend (at least in part) on the cost of
> the solution chosen?  Will making libgnome use gstreamer make the platform
> bigger in memory? Will it affect performance desktop-wide?

It shouldn't have a huge hit on memory, and I doubt it would have a huge
performance hit.

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu in Mataró, Spain: December 5th-18th      http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

  "Whether you want to set fire to old institutions or to build whole new
               ones, nothing beats a good blog." - Doc Searls