Re: Polypaudio action plan

<quote who="Seth Nickell">

> What I don't want is to include polypaudio in such a way that people write
> directly to it (the same way as libgnome etc currently directly use
> esound). As Colin proposed, requiring GNOME modules to use gstreamer for
> sound (assuming that nothing needs direct/fast audio at the moment) will
> allow us latitude to experiment with lower level solutions to software
> mixing without tangling our apps up in a new sound API.

Why have every app linking to a complete multimedia subsystem, just to make
ding sounds? Solitare in Windows doesn't use DirectShow to make ding sounds.
The only reason libgnome's use of esound is ugly is because one function
exposes esound internals.

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu in Mataró, Spain: December 5th-18th      http://www.ubuntulinux.org/