Re: Polypaudio for Gnome 2.10, the next steps

> Sounds like they should just reboot and boot into ardour distro/partition
> directly.  So maybe thats not a decent use case for GNOME anyway.

Exactly :)
Colin was arguing that pro-audio people would want sound mixing too
and so that was a reason to exclude polyp. I disagree.

What I would like with all this is just for libgnome to use GStreamer,
and leave the rest to the distros. We can certainly suggest a sound
server in the cases where it is the solution to a problem (maybe
polyp, it seems nice enough and Lennart is defintely dedicated
enough), but we shouldn't require one, because many people have no
need of one.

But like I said elsewhere, maybe thats my "I've got a cheap ass
soundcard that does hardware mixing" or my "I ♥ GStreamer" biases
coming through.

♥ Iain