Re: Polypaudio for Gnome 2.10, the next steps
- From: Iain * <iaingnome gmail com>
- To: Colin Walters <walters redhat com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Polypaudio for Gnome 2.10, the next steps
- Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:31:58 +0000
> Secondly - do you really
> expect pro audio people to manually quit every other application like
> gaim, turn off sound events, etc?
Pretty much, yes, they do.
If someone is using an HDR such as Ardour, with say 10 tracks playing
and one recording in realtime, you don't want the kernel to suddenly
switch to gaim which then does some silly bit of disk accessing to
load an icon for a buddy who's just appeared online.
Basically, when you're using pro-audio stuff, you're don't want to be
using anything else that might interrupt the system.
] [Thread Prev