Re: Proposed modules: my consensus so far

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:56:30 +0000, Mark McLoughlin <markmc redhat com> wrote:
>  + libgnomesu has an API like this
>
>     gboolean gnomesu_exec (gchar *commandline);
>
>  + usermode has an interface where an app installs itself such that
>    if a non-root user launches the program, they get asked for the
>    root password
>
>         I'm trying to figure out which we actually need.

FWIW, I've looked at libgnomesu to add root support to
gnome-system-log, and I don't like the idea of having an intermediate
program just to launch gnome-system-log with the good permissions :-|.
The usermode way of doing things seems more sane to me. I especially
like the idea of still being able to launch the program in non-root
user mode if the user wants to.

Cheers
Vincent