Re: Polypaudio for Gnome 2.10, the next steps

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:20:32 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> Even GNOME and KDE together can't override the rest of the world's sound
> API and force everyone to use Polypaudio.  Linux has ALSA.  Solaris
> probably has something else.  A theoretical Windows port would
> definitely have something else.

Yeah, I didn't mean API wise. I suspect alsalib or some higher level API
like GStreamer will come to dominate instead of the custom Polypaudio API.
It'd still be a benefit to have some de-facto standard implementation used
on Linux though from a perspective of supportability/tech support/sanity
etc...