Re: jhbuilding was: Proposed Module Request, Request

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 08:27:21 -0500, Luis Villa wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 23:25 +1100, Anand Kumria wrote:
>
>> Has anyone had any success completing a jhbuild of gnome 2.10? I've
>> spent a week on and off attempting to do so; are there any special
>> tricks? Is there a secret list where people are flinging patches to
>> fix build issues, etc.?
>
> For what it is worth, I'm jhbuilding 2.10 /constantly/ here:
>
> http://gnome-build.ximian.com/tinderbox/LATEST/
>
> and it has mostly been successful- logs are here:

Ahh, many thanks. Now at least I have a reference to see what a successful
build is and may need. libxklavier has been problematic for me especially.

> http://gnome-build.ximian.com/tinderbox/
>
> (Sadly, no top-level green/red data yet.)

I've been thinking an 'orange' on the top-level for when jhbuild
colourizes things in the logfile but not the stage as red might also be
useful.

> Common problems are:
>
> * not doing jhbuild bootstrap

Check (i.e. not a problem here)

> * clean checkouts v. stale checkouts- some modules have funkiness in
> 'cvs up' and need to be rm -rf'd and jhbuild buildone-d from scratch to
> get them to build sometimes. (The tinderbox /always/ rm -rf and builds
> from scratch; I could maybe set up one that does not do that and catches
> those problems.)

Ahh, okay so it isn't just me then.  My tinderbox is already doing that
(i.e. nothing special, just jhbuild --clean ....), perhaps my logs can
save you some effort <URL: http://caliban.kumria.com/~anand/gnome-tinder/>

> * .la files in OS-provided dependencies- at ximian, we've typically
> recommended doing 'sudo find / -name *.la | xargs rm' or something
> perhaps less brutal to get rid of them.

Thanks, I'll put that into my script too.

Regards,
Anand

--
linux.conf.au 2005   -  http://lca2005.linux.org.au/  -  Birthplace of Tux