Re: Proposing module: PyGTK

<quote who="Murray Cumming">

> On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 14:37 +0100, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> > So what needs to be decided is whether Python should just be a binding
> > *to* our platform or be *part of* our platform. Imho it should be part
> > of the platform, not a binding to it. And therefor I think it should go
> > into it rather than being in the bindings platform.
>
> The Platform release set is not less of a platform than the Platform
> Bindings release set.

Strictly speaking, it is, because we do not currently allow Desktop modules
to depend on Bindings modules willy-nilly, as we do with the Platform suite
proper.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia         http://lca2005.linux.org.au/

   "I think we agnostics need a term for a holy war too. I feel all left
                            out." - George Lebl