Re: Proposing gwget for Gnome 2.10

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 15:34 +0100, Kent Nyberg wrote:

> I might be wrong, but if gnome-vfs supports these protocols, then maybe
> nautilus and the browsers should handle the download? Its better to work
> on nautilus/browsers than making more programs do the same tasks as
> nautilus.

There are many other reasons to use a single backend for downloading;
namely, authentication and cookies.  A lot of downloads will require a
cookie or login to be set on some early point within the site in order
for the download to work.  if the download manager can't access these,
the download will fail.