Re: Proposing gwget for Gnome 2.10

El lun, 01-11-2004 a las 11:21 +0100, Fredrik Hedberg escribi�i,

> Without having more than a short look at the project, I think we need
> more generic download manager in Gnome, preferably built on gnomevfs.
> This way we benefit from gnomevfs modules allowing us to download data
> from sources not possible with wget, such as smb, p2p networks,
ifolder
> or whatever. Could gwget be extended to support this kind of
operation?

gwget  was not designed with this in mind and I think that could be
difficult to extend to support others protocols. Gnomevfs support could
be done but p2p support could be more problematic.

Thinking about, there are so much protocols with different approachs,
eg: p2p that need share a directory, others not..., smb it's already in
gnomevfs, and http too but doesn't support recursive downloads, etc..,
that a unique program to manage all of them will have a LOT of work. In
the other side, we can have gwget to manage http/ftp downloads (with
options like recursive downloads, etc.. ) and maybe gnomevfs support for
other protocols (like smb) in near future.

Cheers

David Sede�