Re: Gnome 2.6: What were you thinking?

On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 09:39, Cedric Marcone wrote:
> Hey Mr "Prof. Dr." ...
>
> stop the FUD, and use a brain cell :

Excuse me?

> start gconf editor , navigate to apps/nautilus/preferences :

Perhaps looking under system/... or desktop/... or perhaps GNOME/...
would have made more sense?

> There's a key named "always_use_browser". Isn't it a well choosen name ?

It is only a well "chosen" name if you realize that `browser' here does
not refer to nautilus interaction with web browsers.

In any case, I have to decide whether to install gnome 2.6, stick with
gnome 2.4 or to change to KDE. In the moment (and after I was told in a
long thread on another gnome list that gnumeric is in fact not part of
GNOME) the latter looks like the most likely result. Being insulted
after asking a simple question, does not persuade me to stay a part of
the GNOME community.

Andreas
--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences