Re: Where we stand in regard to the future platform / desktop technology

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 13:21 +0100, jamie wrote:

> Anyhow, there are many technologies in Gnome which are heavily
> influenced by MS technology (E.G. Bonobo's interface is very similar to
> COM, Gnome-DB is a virtual clone of ADO,

sorry, but gnome-db is not a virtual clone of ADO. It takes some ideas
from it, as it gets from ODBC, Perl:DBI, etc. If you look at the
gnome-db and ADO APIs, you'll see enough differences to not consider it
a clone.

Just to clarify :-)

cheers