Re: Gnome VFS - plans for Gnome 2.8
- From: Ian McKellar <yakk yakk net>
- To: James Henstridge <james daa com au>
- Cc: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>, Sean Middleditch <elanthis awesomeplay com>, "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Gnome VFS - plans for Gnome 2.8
- Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:15:55 -0800
On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 16:52, James Henstridge wrote:
> Do we know what actual large organisations are using for service
> discovery right now? If no one is doing service discovery right now,
> then we can probably choose the most elegant solution.
People are using Rendezvous, though basically they're only using it for
iTunes music sharing :) And for large organisations (eg: Apple) it
I'd like to see GNOME have a protocol agnostic service discovery API,
but I'm not sure how possible that is.
] [Thread Prev