Re: Gnome VFS - plans for Gnome 2.8

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 11:19 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> add mDNS (rendezvous) detected local webdav servers to
> network:. This means we need mDNS support in gnome-vfs.

as we talked on IRC, it would also be pretty good to support SLP, which
seems to fit better in larger networks. We wanted to do, for
libgnetwork, a single API entry point for all service discovery
mechanisms (mDNS, SLP, etc). There is a mail (with no answers) proposing
how to do that:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-network-list/2004-February/msg00005.html

probably that could be a goosd starting point. Having all that in a
public API would help in making use of it in all GNOME applications, so
I guess it's worth the effort.

cheers