Re: Enable voting on Bugzilla?

<quote who="Ryan McDougall">

> On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 00:07 -0500, Luis Villa wrote:
> > If you need your bug marked up, argue persuasively in the bug that the
> > bug has a serious user impact, or provide a patch. That's it.
>
> Its probably just late, but that last line ends up sounding a little
> elitist; bug severity is a factor independent of knowledge of either C or
> English. I'm sure that you have lots of respect for the community at
> large, but there are ways of making your point and sounding inclusive at
> the same time.

So, participating in the bug tracker is participating in development, and in
every aspect of development, there are standards that must be achieved. This
is not elitism, it's a factor of the high expectations we set for ourselves.

It's actually more inclusive because it allows more hackers to get involved,
and more reporters see their bugs fixed. Why be the noise? BE THE SIGNAL. :)

- Jeff

       "Having strings in a language seems to be a case of premature
                        optimization." - Paul Graham