Re: PROPOSAL: GNOME Volume Manager for GNOME 2.8
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Sander Vesik <sander_traveling yahoo co uk>
- Cc: Danilo ©egan <danilo gnome org>, Jochem Huhmann <joh gmx net>, desktop-devel-list gnome org, Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: GNOME Volume Manager for GNOME 2.8
- Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 21:31:43 -0400
On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 21:10, Sander Vesik wrote:
> it need not be compressed. You could even specify it in the spec, though notably
> anything png is already probably deflated and thus not suitable under this criteria.
> Which scenarious do you have in mind that call for alignment?
The original post:
Icon themes use 0.5M per app. The point is to *share* the data between
apps via mmap(), and *not copy* from the file, just use the mapped file
directly in the app software. There's no parsing.
Thus you have to align the data, so you can access it directly.
] [Thread Prev