Re: [Fwd: GUADEC cancelled due to beer shortage]

On Mer, 2004-06-23 at 10:52, Ghee Teo wrote:
>     I have heard a lot about when people can not log in more than once
> sharing the same
> home directory, but I have seen little evidence that gconf is to be
> blamed for all these.

gconf is only one part of it, the failure of gconf to reliably
quit combined with NFS home directories makes the mess even bigger
because it bites people logging in after they logged out somewhere
else and ran evolution, to the point people are running add on pam
modules to clean up the mess.

With KDE I can be logged in from two places at once and it just works.
With Gnome I can't. I get told off about gconf locks and if I ignore
that life gets *very* strange.

Easy to demonstrate with 2.6 - login on console, login at the same time
via gdm remotely. "Enjoy"

Alan