Re: [Fwd: GUADEC cancelled due to beer shortage]
- From: Ghee Teo <Ghee Teo Sun COM>
- To: Mark McLoughlin <markmc redhat com>
- Cc: Desktop Devel <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Fwd: GUADEC cancelled due to beer shortage]
- Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:59:37 +0100
Sorry if I have made a quantum leap in my reasoning, let ignore all
Unless we make further enhancement such that *each version* of gconf
releases uses its
*own version* of the backend configuration data.
Can this be done, is this a good idea to explore this?
You're making zero sense now AFAICS.
First you wonder whether the rational in the mail justifies making a
change such that editing configuration in a GNOME 2.8 login is not
reflected when you log back into GNOME 2.4 or earlier. Now you suggest
that we make such a change *every* release?
for the time being :)
So just go back to the start,
1) Lessen the pain of sharing a homedir between simultaneous
saving apps configuration as atomic units. This then gives
same hypothetically-broken-but-usually-OK behaviour as
What are the probelms you are talking about? Apology if I have dragged
the thread longer than it needs to.
2) Performance improvements
I like this bit :)
desktop-devel-list mailing list
desktop-devel-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev