Re: Extent of localisation customisation

> Gnome users who use ru_RU locales, yet a dot for
decimal separator
> instead of comma, with Gnome being part of GNU,
perhaps we could help
> push for ru_RU decimaldot;  of course, I don't
presuppose that
> ru_RU decimaldot would really have that many users,
it's just an
> example).
Please no!!!!!! It would create a VERY bad practice of
adding to glibc every concievable sub-locale. If I were
maintainer of that part of glibs, I would shot myself
into my head immediately after first such commit. Just
use different LC_* - this machinery is flexible enough
for things like this.

> I think there're no arguments for that.  I only meant
to say that we
> might encourage users to get their locales into our
"default" platform
> (and with that being GNU, into GNU libc).
:((( I absolutely don't like this non-scalable
approach. glibc contains enough locales already IMVHO
(you effectively propose to explode this number). And
there is standard-complian "mix-and-mach" mechanics.
Why just don't use it?

Cheers,

Sergey